- 2 cups cooked turkey, shredded/chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 handful Parsley, chopped
- 1 large handful Porridge Oats
- 1 egg white (optional)
- Pinch Sea salt & black pepper
- 1 Passata (or a can peeled tomatoes, blended)
- 1 tsp Dried basil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Pinch of black pepper
- Fresh basil to serve (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients for the meatballs into a large bowl and combine well.
- Form meatballs using 1 tablespoon of the mix and place on a baking tray lined with tinfoil.
- Cook directly under a hot grill for 2-4 minutes until they are browned. (They don’t need to be fully cooked).
- Add the tomato sauce ingredients into a deep saucepan and gently cook for 5 minutes. Then add your meatballs and cook on a low-medium heat for a further 5 minutes before serving. Serve with fresh basil and wholegrain pasta, courgetti or your favourite carbohydrate.
*My Nutrition Tips:
You can use minced turkey instead or lean beef. Also, Quorn or soy mince for vegans and vegetarians. By grilling the meatballs, you are getting rid of excess oil, fats and calories, but enhancing the flavours by getting them all golden, then stewed them in the delicious fresh sauce, making them succulent, moist and so tasty.
Credit: Chef Jeeny Maltese from My Nutrition Ireland