serves 2 | Preparation time: 10 mins |cooking time: 5 mins
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ packet (150g) whole wheat or brown rice noodles
- 3 baby bok choy
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
- 2-3 tablespoons sesame seeds, roasted
- 1 teaspoon red peppercorns, freshly crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1-inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Cut the chicken breast fillets into small 1 cm wide strips.
- In a griddle pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat, add the chicken strips and fry until lightly browned, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together, set aside.
- Boil your noodles according to the package directions, set aside.
- Pour the sauce into a large pan and cook for 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
- Wash and chop the bok choy into small strips and add it along with the chicken to the pan, mix well.
- Reduce heat to low and add in your noodles.
- Toss together and sprinkle with red pepper and roasted sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.