- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ¼ teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- A squeeze lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime (preferably organic)
- ½ pomegranate
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 cup flat parsley, roughly chopped
- In a big saucepan bring the vegetable stock to a boil and add the saffron.
- Rinse the quinoa with cold water and add it to the boiling stock. Cover with a lid, reduce heat and let simmer at a low temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off the stove, add the pomegranate seeds and let it rest with the lid on for another 5-10 minutes.
- “Fluff up” the quinoa using a fork.
- Pour the olive oil and lime juice over the quinoa and sprinkle with lime zest, fresh mint, parsley and feta cheese.