- Cooked Turkey (leftovers), pulled/shredded
- 1 cup red lentils or cooked lentils
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup raisins/sultanas
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 large Tbsp. curry powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- salt & black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato puree
- 2-3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Lemon zest & juice
- handful fresh chopped coriander
- Cook onions with a tsp. of oil in a deep heavy pan, medium to high heat, add a pinch of sea salt and cook until brown.
- Add the shredded cooked turkey, garlic, chilli, turmeric, cumin, curry, cinnamon, sea salt & black pepper, sultanas, tomato puree and stir fry for 2 minutes, until brown.
- Add vegetable stock and lentils, cook on medium-high heat until lentils are cooked, and stock has evaporated, 10 minutes approx.
- Stir in the chopped tomato, zest & lemon juice and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in a large handful of chopped coriander and serve.
*My Nutrition Tips: You can use cooked lentils, but reduce the amount of vegetable stock by half. Also, you can make this a vegan/vegetarian dish by replacing the turkey meat with chickpeas, cauliflower, peas, etc.
Credit: Chef Jeeny Maltese from My Nutrition Ireland