- ½ red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- ¼ cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely sliced
- ½ cup sugar snaps. Finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, 1-inch ginger, 4 cloves of garlic all finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 Lime Juice
- 1 ½ Litre of Veg. Stock
- Scallions & coriander to garnish
- 1 tsp chilli paste or Sriracha sauce (optional)
- 1 cup of cooked noodles p/person (optional)
1.- Bring to a boil in a sauce pan the vegetable stock together with the chilli, ginger and garlic, boil for 2-3 minutes.
2.- Add all your finely diced vegetables to the soup, let it boil for 5 minutes (do not overcook your veggies). Serve with cooked noodles and garnish with plenty of coriander and scallions. Done!
My Nutrition Tips:
This recipe can be enjoyed with any source of protein, turkey, prawns, chicken, fish, edamame or tofu! You can add any of your favourite vegetables, greens and herbs. Make sure to be extra generous with your servings of vegetables & greens. This recipe is a great liver and stomach cleanser.
Credit: Chef Jeeny Maltese from My Nutrition Ireland